Leaders are made, they are not born. They are made by hard effort, which is the price which all of us must pay to achieve any goal that is worthwhile. –Vince Lombardi It goes without saying that organizations fail because of poor leadership. Poor leadership can range from toxic leaders…
I read a book the other day that made these suggestions and/or asked these questions of the reader:
- “Consider your circumstances
- Start small
- Have you taken full advantage of the opportunities offered to you?
- Are you working hard on your career, or even your job?
- Are you letting bitterness and resentment hold you back and drag you down?
- Have you made peace with your brother or sister?
- Are you treating your spouse and your children with dignity and respect?
- Do you have habits that are destroying your health and well-being?
- Are you truly shouldering your responsibilities?
- Have you said what you need to say to your friends and family members?
- Are there things that you could do, that you know you could do, that would make things around you better?”